Saturday, February 21, 2009

Rubistar Website/ Rubrics in General (double post for Modual 3)

Personally I think that the Rubistar website is a great tool for teachers. Instead of spending so much time creating your own rubrics you are able to use other teachers as well as get suggestions from the template itself. If there is anything you disagree with you can just take it out and if there is anything that you think should be included that wasn’t, you can simply add it! Despite the ease of use of the website I do believe that sometime Rubrics are not the best way to assess a students’ performance. There are some assignments or tasks that cannot be assessed you and kind of a format. It is up to the teacher to decide when and where the use of rubrics is applicable.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting! Very insightful post.

    You are right when you say, "Despite the ease of use of the website I do believe that sometime Rubrics are not the best way to assess a students’ performance. "

    What assignments would not lend themselves to rubric assessment? What would you use instead?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you. This website is helpful and it also gives you a more hands on and visual experience with rubrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post. I agree with the Rubistar website. It realy helped me widen my knowledge on creating a rubric. Yes, they are great for grading, but I too said in my post there are somethings we cannot use rubrics for. Glad to see our class is on the same page.

    ReplyDelete