Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Standardized Testing

Luckily, my standardized testing score were always above average. In grammar school I frequently receive honor roll and was recognized for having an above average reading level. In high school I have to admit I did rather poorly. I simply didn’t apply myself. However, my SAT’S would have told you otherwise. I did very well on my SATS which really wasn’t a reflection of how I was actually doing in school. I chalked it up to being a good test taker. Since I seemed to excel at reading and English I always blew through those parts of the test with ease. When it came to math, now that was another story. I feel that standardized testing is a double edged sword. I can prove to be both detrimental or beneficial to a school in terms of title 1 funding etc… To be quite honest, I don’t think that the testing scores should be calculated into the equation when the BOE is deciding on what schools/ districts get what funding.

No comments:

Post a Comment